Recyclable plastic bags have become indispensable due to society’s growing concern for the environment and the need to take measures to delay the process of wear and tear on the planet. These solutions are increasingly in demand since they provide a multitude of benefits compared to the use of other materials.
One of the main benefits of using recyclable plastic bags is that, once they have been used, they can be used again to make other products. With this we extend the life cycle of the products and give them another use.
Furthermore, by using recyclable plastic bags we are helping to reduce global warming and contribute to the circular economy.
Types of plastics that can be recycled
It is normal that, given so much diversity in packaging, there is some confusion about the types of plastic that can or cannot be recycled. Although most plastics can be recycled, there is a small percentage that cannot, and it will depend on the plastic resin used to make it. The seven types of plastic that can be recycled with all guarantees are:
- PET or PETE (Polyethylene Terephthalate): This is one of the most used recyclable plastics because it is a transparent, flexible and highly resistant material. We can find it in the manufacture of water or soft drink bottles.
- PE-HD or HDPE (High Density Polyethylene): Another of the most used plastics today due to its hardness and resistance to humidity. Especially used to manufacture containers for detergent, shampoo, juice or milk, among others. Once recycled, it is usually used to make new packaging.
- PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride): This is a very resistant and versatile plastic that is easy to apply in a multitude of sectors, such as textiles and construction. It is highly recyclable and in demand.
● LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene): It is a type of plastic that is characterized by its impermeability, which makes it the ideal material for making objects such as garbage bags or food packaging bags.
- PP (Polypropylene): This type of plastic is also very common and is found in everyday objects such as straws, bottle caps, dishes for heating in the microwave, for packaging textile materials or in diapers.
- EPS (Expanded Polystyrene): This is a type of plastic ideal for use in the construction, healthcare and food sectors because it is characterized by its ability to insulate heat and sound.
- PS (Polystyrene): Although it is more difficult to recycle, it is still a recyclable material. It is mainly used in the manufacture of egg cups, hangers or insulators.
Prenves is your ally in the manufacture of recyclable bags
The main objective of Prenves is to make available to the market the packaging solutions that best adapt to the needs of customers and that are respectful of the environment. To do this, we make PVC, PP and LDPE bags, either with virgin materials or recycled materials.
If you want to receive more information about our products, do not hesitate to contact us or visit our website. A member of our team will contact you so that you can receive the best advice and develop the packaging that best suits your needs.